View Single Post
Old 08-29-2006, 07:58 PM   #288
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Location: In a tiny, insignificant little town in one of the many States.
Folwren is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Folwren is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Dick stuck his hands into his pockets as Colren admitted to being hungry. He was glad when a fellow was honest about it. And the poor chap was worried about not being able to pay! Dick shook his head as Colren continued.

"Excuse me, but how were you called again, sir? And what do you mean by tumbling?" the man asked, sitting up and swinging his legs over the side of the bed to stand.

“I’m Seredic Boffin, at your service,” Dick replied. “Mostly called Dick, though.” He cocked his head to one side and his bright eyes studied the tall, thin figure of the man. “Don’t remember your entrance, hey? Well, now, I’m right glad you happened to come into my door just before falling as you did. Aye, you fell right enough.” He nodded his head. “Came in, plopped down a coin on top the counter, called for ale, and then went out like a candle.

“That coin you paid, too, that’ll be enough for your dinner and a night here and maybe more. Depends on just what you need.” He looked up briefly at the man’s face. “Do you want me to bring you something here, or would you like to come out to the great room? We’ve got some elves and dwarves preparing a few songs for our entertainment. You might enjoy that. And you might find someone to talk to. Won’t you come out?”