View Single Post
Old 01-27-2006, 05:14 PM   #30
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

littlemanpoet is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.littlemanpoet is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
"...please just tell me what it is you need and I'm sure I can fill some gap," said Kara.

She certainly seemed eager; nay, anxious.

"Well now, cooking is a skill and art that must be tested. Go to Frodides in the kitchen, and help her today. If she finds you enough of a helping hand, and a passing fair cook, then we will give you a week's time to prove your skill by learning Frodides' dishes. After that, we can talk about you trying some of your own. What say you?"

"Thank you!"

"Go then," he smiled. Kara bowed and thanked him again, and scurried off to the kitchen.

"Before this day is out," Eodwine murmured, "I must find that old White Horse sign and put it in safe keeping, for I have a thought of how I would like to use it. Sad it would be for the builders to destroy it."

Eodwine turned to Thornden again. "Maybe now you and I can talk more about the role of steward here. Let us go sit by the hearth fire while it still stands in the wall, and I would hear you speak at length of how you would be my steward."