View Single Post
Old 01-24-2006, 04:25 PM   #27
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

littlemanpoet is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.littlemanpoet is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kath
I'll take dibs on the serving-wench if you don't mind.
It's yours, Kath. Let's write it up.

Alcarillo, have Garwine stop by the Mead Hall and get acquainted with Eodwine. Maybe have him say that he had reported to Meduseld and been sent to Eodwine by the King's order. (or something to that effect)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pio
Just chiming in here - yes, please post to the Mead Hall Thread.
Thanks, Pio!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Folwren
LMP, if you don't mind, could I take the job of your Bailiff? If I'm thinking arightly, he'd be able to stay aroudn the Mead Hall quite a bit, but when some questionable character comes around and starts causing trouble, he'd deal with him - arresting him? Is that right? Or am I thinking too. . .violently or excitedly here?
That would be great, Folwren! I looked up bailiff in the dictionary to be sure. I fear I have introduced a Norman/French term (bailiff) into an Anglo-Saxon culture, a major no-no. The Anglo-Saxon term is hafod-monn, which is "head man". What we should be going for is a right-hand man, who carries out the justice that the Eorl speaks in his Mead Hall (court).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anguirel
Just wondering: what exactly can current Shirelings do in the Mead Hall? Could I, for instance, occupy one of the minor permanent Mead Hall positions?
Eodwine is a friend of the Shire, having spent time up there. He brought back with him one Master Falco Boffin, a former Shirriff of the Shire. So Holbytlan are most welcome in Eodwine's Mead Hall.

Thanks for your interest and involvement, everybody!