View Single Post
Old 05-21-2009, 09:16 AM   #211
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Send a message via Skype™ to Nerwen
Lommy

She made a lot of posts, but I can't find anything at all in most of them. (I'm looking especially for things that might have been taken as Seer-hints).

However, she did make a couple of lists:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thinlómien View Post
Nerwen - funny and makes sense-ish, no reason to be at her throat yet
Eomer - his normal self ie bears watching <--Could this have been taken as a Seer-hint by the wolves?
Lommy - to quote one of the greatest minstrels of our times, J.R.R. Tolkien: "immortal maiden Elven-wise"... except sadly not immortal! <-- Possibly taken as a gifted hint also?
Aganzir - is for once refraining from attacking me + makes good points = good
Sally - her instant has been an hour - suspicious
McCaber - making points and suspecting people, I quite like it
Izzy - nothing
Mira - nothing
Gaurcrist - nothing
Shasta - nothing
Gwath - nothing
Boro88 - amusing... but I'm really going to rip something or someone to pieces if he and phantom start a sort of clandestine co-operation again!
Kath - her normal self
Inziladun - getting hang of the game, actually playing, I like it
Fea - nothing
Nienna - making vague hints
Greenie - amusing but not much substance yet
Lari - fishy exactly in the way that attracts my Day1 votes magnetically (and usually is not proof of guilt.... *sigh*)
Mith - just made a fair point
the phantom - lack of substance and volume
Then there's this, discussing the votes:

Quote:
I don't really like the votes so far. They seem terribly flimsily reasoned even for Day1 votes. And what's all this "I'll vote x 'cos she won't get angry"?!

The first vote was Mira for Sally for apparently no reason even though there were already two pages of posting. I don't understand how come she wasn't able to find anything even slightly suspicious in that all.

The second one was Mith for phantom. Looks like she was just having a bad day and although that isn't a reasonable reason to vote someone, I'll let it pass. Or maybe she was just joking. *sigh*

Then, there was Kath for me. Guess what? I probably like this vote the best of those given so far. She voted less than ten minutes after Mira but unlike her, she was able to make a reasonable vote based on a (minor) suspicious thing. Exactly the thing I expect people to do on Day1. Who cares if the reason to suspect is a small one? It's still better than making a total shot in the dark!

I don't get Boro's behaviour but I think people are too quick to jump on it. It could have been just a joke. *shrugs* But actually the announcement that he's getting serious and we should ignore everything he said in the first half of the Day is what puzzles and worries me the most...

Quite frankly I don't like tp trying to hint being this and that. It could be a scheme to protect the village but it also could be a scheme to help the baddies or just him having fun, both of which do not sound very good to me.

Okay, back to discuss votes. Sally voted Agan based on a weird feeling and also used the infamous "she won't get mad at me" argument. I think this vote is ok, there's nothing bad in gut-feeling votes (except that they don't really reveal much of the voter).

Fea voted Boro next. I get a very bad feeling from this vote. It looks like a carefully planned bandwagon-starter against a dangerous player or maybe even a suspected gifted.

Gwathagor followed suit, but like he reminded, he mentioned the reason to vote Boro first and his vote looks rather ok, a lot less sinister than Fea's.

Nienna
voted Fea just because "it's always a good idea to lynch Fea". If she's not going to come back and retract I'm going to seriously consider voting her. There were more then three pages of posting when she voted and she couldn't think of any more reasonable vote than voting her friend jokingly!

I don't like Shasta's vote either. Although it's (at least partly) a joke/grudge vote, I don't like it at all that he joins the predominant bandwagon so carelessly. Wolves are the only ones who can afford carelessness like that.
And another list: ("Good" and "Okay" categories ommitted.)
Quote:
Bad
Mira - like I just said, I don't like her vote.
Shasta - careless like a wolf (see my post discussing votes).
Fea - evil schemer-mastermind.
Nienna - trying to get away with a chit-chatty no trail vote? Or am I just overinterpreting it merely because I don't like it?
the phantom - I don't like the way he throws around various hints and is having ah so much fun with his role.
I can't get much out of this... except that she expressed suspicion of Shasta, Lari, tp and Fea more than once. The comment on Fea just above stands out because she's listed her simply as "evil schemer mastermind", whereas the other "bad" names have reasons for being there... but Lommy went on to vote Nienna for voting Fea. She also specifically used "wolf" in relation to Shasta twice, and voted him... but then switched. (Also, she'd previous had "nothing" to say about both Shasta and Fea.)

Quote:
I must say I like Boro a lot more now that he has started taking the game seriously. He gives me the solid good innocent-Boro vibes but I'm far from sure so I'm still watching the situation. Well it may be simply that he stopped scheming...
Could the wolves have thought they were lovers who had just found each other? Or could the line "watching the situation" have been taken as a Seer-hint? (i.e. that she would dream him but hadn't yet.)

Says of Mith:

Quote:
I'm not quite sure if I like Mith's discussion of Shasta. It's somehow rather unsettling... like, I don't know, maybe it sounds a bit as if it was written by a baddie instead of a goodie?
So...I don't know. Basically, she expressed suspicion of quite a few people, and did some things that might have looked gifted-ish (depending on who the wolves are) but overall it tends to cancel out e.g., her talking about Shasta as wolf-like, but then switching her vote to Nienna (known innocent)... would that have looked Seerish to a Wolftanis Althreduin? I doubt it.

EDIT: X'd since my last post.
EDIT2:name left out.

Last edited by Nerwen; 05-21-2009 at 11:05 AM.
Nerwen is offline   Reply With Quote