Samwise
Faithful Spirit

Samwise has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Samwise
Tolkien Heard of this?

The Book, "A Hobbit's Journal?"

A description I've found:

EDITOR's NOTE:
In the fullness of his years, Master Samwise, thrice mayor fo the SHIRE, and last of the Ringbearers, took to mind the words of Frodo, that it would be his task to complete the narrative of the great WAR OF THE RINGS. Being a practical Hobbit, he realized that simple drawings save many words, but when he set his hand to the taks, the craft of capturing a likeness eluded him. Remembering that many skillful artisans had gathered to the court of Minis Tirith, hee sent there word of his need. Scarcely two moons had grown full when there appeared at the gates of the Shire one Michael the Green, King's Illuminator. ~ Many daysthe two spent, Sam and Michael, hobbit and man, strolling the byways of the Shire, or sitting by a crackling fire. While Sam described the remarkable adventure Michael's pen brought it to life. Eventually, several folio's of drawings were completed, each page leaving room for the hobbit to write his stories. ~ But the final work, it is told, filled Sam with such delight, that he could never bring himself to mark the pages. ~ Now some of these folios have been lovingly reproduced in this handy journal so that you, Dear Reader, can herein write your part of the story. ~ There is only one hero, he has a thousand faces. One of them is yours.
Giving thanks unto the Father...In whom we have redemption through His blood, even the forgiveness of sins.~Colossians1:12a,14
I am Samwise son of Hamfast, if by hoe or trowel I can get these weeds out of your garden, I will.You have my shears!;)
Samwise is offline   Reply With Quote