View Single Post
Old 01-15-2020, 07:50 AM   #37
Huinesoron
Overshadowed Eagle

Huinesoron is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Huinesoron is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Well, as of yesterday we have 15 cast members, which includes several we already knew.

It has, embarassingly, only just occurred to me that if you're bad at reading the appendices, the name 'Sauron' could be pronounced 'Sore-on'. Which is very very close to the 'lead villain' name of Oren.

Given that the series is still called 'The Lord of the Rings', of which as we know There Is Only One, I think Joseph Mawle is probably playing Sauron. Given the... inventiveness of that code-name, is it possible that the others are just as bad? 'Tyra' could be a contraction of 'Tar-Telperien', who was queen at the time the Rings were forged. (And I'm not just suggesting this because I want a Witch-Queen of Numenor arc! ) As for Beldar... yeah, I've still got nothing there.

From the pictures in the article, I think Morfydd Clark might be playing an elf - perhaps even Galadriel? She and Elrond are just about the only characters people who only know the films might recognize in this time-frame...

hS
Huinesoron is offline   Reply With Quote