View Single Post
Old 05-13-2019, 09:38 AM   #13
William Cloud Hicklin
Loremaster of Annúminas

William Cloud Hicklin is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.William Cloud Hicklin is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.William Cloud Hicklin is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Morthoron View Post
I don't know if any of you were watching Game of Thrones, and I won't issue any spoilers, but...episode 5...wow. Ummm...that was...completely unnecessary.

And that should be a cautionary tale for this new Middle-earth monstrosity Amazon is erecting skyward like the tower of Babel. George RR Martin never finished his story, and the GoT franchise writers have seemed to throw caution to the wind and went off the deep end in a TV show that seemed to never have a deep end.

The Second Age Middle-earth is sparse on detail. The amount of detail required to build a story may well lead us in a direction none of us have any inclination to follow.
I would have to disagree: Ep 5 redeemed what till now has been a blah, predictable season. One of the great episodes of the whole series.

However, the GOT style would be COMPLETELY WRONG for Tolkien.