View Single Post
Old 06-16-2015, 02:22 AM   #74
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Galadriel55 View Post
That's another thing I was also wondering about. Surely, with all the people in the Hall, the twins wouldn't be the only children born in 4 years? But that requires a lot of major changes in the lives of characters whose writers are either not active or don't want these changes to happen [so quickly]. Maybe we should invent some NPC children, or even a whole young family unit?
Unless most of the children born in the last 4 years also for example died during the winter. They are a bit of a risk group, to be sure (although again it would be the families' priority to protect them).

Quote:
Originally Posted by G55
And since I'm posting here anyways, I thought that maybe it's fitting that Ledwyn should get mild frostbite sometime in the winter. It's such a delightful possibility that's been discussed but not really applied. I don't want the idea to go to waste, and I think it would benefit her in the sense that it would make her even more unbalanced. However, I'm debating which body part I should ruin. Not anything major, but perhaps a finger or toe, maybe an ear. You frostbite experts - which would you say is the most realistically probable case considering she wouldn't have spent that much time outside the Hall? I suppose the ear is the least realistic, fingers and toes are more likely. But even so, what could she be doing outside for so long when there's nothing to do due to the snow? Inside the Hall, it wouldn't be warm, exactly, but there is at least one fire, so it doesn't make sense for someone who spends the whole winter within a two-minute walk from it to get serious frostbite. Any suggestions?
Fingers and toes. You could make it an ear if you wanted to exploit the trouble you hinted at in your fill-in post in which she seems having to keep scarves on. As for a reason to go outside: just like everyone, to gather firewood. One badly timed part of afternoon outside is enough, having some head-cover, losing it thanks to wind as foreshadowed, and then farewell to arms. I mean, ears.
"Should the story say 'he ate bread,' the dramatic producer can only show 'a piece of bread' according to his taste or fancy, but the hearer of the story will think of bread in general and picture it in some form of his own." -On Fairy-Stories