View Single Post
Old 02-01-2008, 03:19 PM   #75
Finduilas
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Location: Home. Where rolling green hills and clear rivers are practically my backyard.
Finduilas is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
"That must be them," Ash whispered to his companions. He turned towards the voices, and the other followed his example. He quickly was able to hear that there was a strange voice answering the other members of their group.

“I bid you no harm. I am Gorin Redbrow, the wilderness is my home. I have come from the far north to rest in your village and gather supplies before I head back north. Tell me, what is this trouble you’ve been having with your livestock? Perhaps I could be of some help.”

Both the voice and the name sounded more dwarvish then otherwise, and Ash gave an annoyed shake of his head. However, he realised he was being unjust, and decided he would do his best to be as civil to this new dwarf as he would have been in any normal situation.

Kuric replied to the strange dwarf amiably.

“From the North did ya say, which clan do ye hail from lad? I've passed the north recently enough, I don't seem to recall seein yer clan or even hearin of them fer that matter. Of course, I didn't meet many kinsmen up in those parts, to be sure, but..."

At this point he seemed to remember himself, and brought himself up sharp with, "Now, lad, you listen here, what business do ya have here in these parts. We've had livestock go a missin lately without much of a trace, and then you show up looking fer supplies. Tell me, are you killin these townsmen livestock?"

Ash signaled to his group to be quiet; he wanted to hear the dwarfs answer before interrupting. He knew that Lea and Orin could walk silently, and by the looks of Grimbeorn, he could too.