View Single Post
Old 11-16-2007, 06:56 PM   #177
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Send a message via Skype™ to Nerwen
I guess I'm bound to reply to this. Legate, is (wilfully?) distorting my comments.

1. My "for want of a better candidate" comment on Rikae did not mean: "I think you're innocent but I'm going to lynch you anyway". It meant: "I'm voting against you because you're the only one I suspect at this point, in preference to some random person who has done nothing to arouse my suspicions."

On the whole I thought she was more likely to be the cobbler than the balrog– or if not, that she was acting as a de facto cobbler, and as such was a liability.

(That suggestion originally came from Legate, by the way.)

What am I, new here, to make of people telling me, "Oh, it's just her playing style"? How am I to know whether to believe you?

Once again– I voted for Rikae because she was the only one I suspected at all.

I may have cast the first suspicion on her, but it was other people who built that up into a case in my absence. I seem to recall Legate being one of the prime movers, but I'll have to go back and check.

Quote:
Because Mac seemed to gather votes far too fast, she tried to save him by starting another bandwagon.
2. I did not "try to save" Mac. I suspected a number of people; he was just one of them. Gil was another. (I now think he's innocent.) It was looking to me as though we were going to get a repeat of the "no trace" voting of the first Day, so I decided to widen the field. As simple as that. (I was actually following Nogrod's lead, in case no-one has noticed.)

3. Legate, in his list of my posts, has left out one. He says I only made two posts. I made three.

The one he has left out (#108) was the one where I analysed Volo's posts and suggested his death might point to Macalaure and/or Gil-Galad. Someone– Kath, I think– was dismissive of my effort, saying that Volo hadn't said enough to be worth considering. However, we now know Mac was indeed a balrog. So... why did Legate not mention that post?

Oversight?

Deliberate oversight?

Legate, with his "weasel words" and twisting of facts, is starting to smell balroggish to me.

Last edited by Nerwen; 11-16-2007 at 06:58 PM. Reason: X'd with Nogrod, Shasta and Kath.
Nerwen is offline   Reply With Quote