View Single Post
Old 09-21-2003, 07:42 PM   #88
Garen LiLorian
Wight

Garen LiLorian has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Garen LiLorian
Sting

The group's progress had slowed to a crawl, and the sounds of pursuit grew ever louder. Angóre dropped to the back of the group, his hand clenching the grip of his sword, his face contorted in concentration as he listened to the sounds of the orc pursuit. Ahead, Celebrían stumbled again, and had to be helped to her feet by Elrohir. Angóre halted, a look of resolution passing over his features. "Elladan," he called softly, and Elrond's son dropped back beside him. "This isn't going to work," stated Angóre. "The Orcs grow ever closer and our progress grows slower. As I see it, our only option is to split up, some few of us remaining to draw off our pursuers while others continue on to the surface with Celebrían."

Angóre watched as emotions flitted across Elladan's face, but knew before words were spoken what the decision must be. He spoke, forestalling Elladan's words. "I shall lead the yrch away down the tunnels away from you. I await only your command."
This is my quest, to follow that star; no matter how hopeless, no matter how far. To fight for the right, without question or pause. To be willing to march into Hell for a Heavenly cause! -Man of La Mancha