View Single Post
Old 05-13-2020, 09:08 AM   #1100
Pitchwife
Wight of the Old Forest

Location: Unattended on the railway station, in the litter at the dancehall
Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lommy #1089
So I'm using Greenie's conclusions and taking them with a pinch of salt. Also good to remember she didn't understandably analyse herself, and who knows what we'd find there. (If memory serves, she and Huine scarcely mentioned each other, and she and Lhuna didn't greatly suspect each other at least. Potentially quite wolfy, I daresay.)
I can supplement a bit about Greenie and Hui from my notes:

Hui #80 : thanks Greenie (and Lommy!) for explaining the merits/lack thereof of looking for the cobbler; 'may reconsider if either of you are wolves'.
Greenie #124 : sums up Hui's and Kath's points about the LPG triangle (among other things), thinks my explanation for focussing on Legate was 'legit enough', doesn't address Hui directly.
Greenie #135 : explains that Hui was defending rather than suspecting Mac earlier
Greenie #164 (D1 list) :
Quote:
Huinesoron – Doesn’t follow the herd and brings up points others haven’t. Suspected Lommy, defended Mac. I get a good vibe so far, though worth keeping an eye on.
Hui #289 : Greenie's comments on the Rikae/G55 altercation 'not very wolvish'.
Greenie #346 : Hui voting to save Brinn too open for a wolf defending a packmate
Hui #354 : Greenie looks like saying we should ignore the Night kill as implicating Brinn: 'This is the sort of reasoning I'd expect to see in a legitimate Brinn analysis'; Greenie does good work on actual reasons why Brinn might be suspicious
Hui #417 : defends Greenie against Mac: 'The fact remains that his case against Greenie relies heavily on 'this is exactly how I’d expect a Green wolf to act'.'

Based on these interactions alone, I wouldn't rule them out as packmates, although most of it could just be Huiwolf buddying up to innocent Greenie looking for an ally. If Brinn is another wolf, #346 could be an attempt at damage control. On D2 Greenie voted before the Huiwagon got rolling, so nothing to conclude from that.

Past experience has taught me to be para-, er, apprehensive of a possible Greenwolf who could sail through endgame to victory while smelling clean as a lily, so I'm wondering whether I'm seeing points against her through a magnifying lens just to be on the safe side. I agree with Rune that her diligent and balanced analysis in #1057 is unlikely to be the work of a wolf (and like Lommy said, why would she put so much effort into something that doesn't benefit the pack?).

Full disclosure: Eönwë, Shasta and Greenie hinge on each other in my mind to some degree. As far as I can tell, Shasta's suspicion of me goes back to a D1 comment where I called Eönwë's list agreeable (for which I now got the bill) while failing to say the same about Greenie - which in turn has made me more wary of letting Greenie slip through.