View Single Post
Old 05-13-2020, 08:05 AM   #1097
Kath
Everlasting Whiteness

Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via MSN to Kath
So! 2 wolves down! And the QT made an excellent showing of themselves, too. YesterDay, quite a few people put down their planned vote options long before the QT vote had to be made. Is that something we want to do again toDay on the assumption that it did help?

Just looking at Lhuna's posts form yesterDay again in light of the lynch ... and in not such a rush as yesterDay!

Post 862 - she had made a list:
Likely innocent:
Lottie - Hui vote, trying to stop sally taking her as a Hunter pick
Pitch - Hui vote, believing sally so voting Eonwe to save her

Bad:
Eonwe - voting record
Lommy - attitude towards sally
Shasta - Mac vote, flipflopping on sally
Boro - holding his vote, flipflopping on sally

Should look more closely:
Brinn - votes come at end of successful bandwagons
Rune - voting Inzil out of the blue
Greenie - voted for two known innocents

She stated that she was looking at people who she noted from the voting patterns, and didn't mention the following: Kath, Inzil, Lalaith, THE Ka

I think from this post, one thing that stands out to me is that her reasoning behind finding Shasta 'Bad' and Boro 'Bad' is pretty similar. I'm wondering if one of them is a wolf, and she's matching an innocent to them with the same reasoning to confuse the issue. Given the Day 1 vote for herself and then the picking at Kit which got a lot of attention, Lhuna doesn't seem to have played as a wolf afraid of a bit of controversy. Naming a fellow wolf in her 'Bad' list doesn't seem out of character.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boro
My voting may have been crap, but Lhuna's yours is completely clean since Day 1. Alarm is raised.
Early suspicion toward Lhuna here.

Inzil then responds to Lhuna's post, wondering why he didn't make the list. Follows on from Lhuna saying he is also not happy about Shasta and Boro.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lottie
Lhuna voted once as a throwaway because she wouldn't be there for the Deadline, once very early for Lommy, and once missed the deadline. She can't be here at the deadline, so she has never posted when it's gotten messy. She can't control that, it isn't suspicious or innocent, it just is.
Defending Lhuna against Boro's comments on her voting record.

Quote:
Interesting. I wonder...but that will have to wait.

My comments to sally were tongue-in-cheek. After she pulled that reveal and left us hanging, until right before the DL I seriously doubted she was the hunter. I was wrong.
Replies to Lhuna's suspicion of him. What was the 'I wonder' bit about, Boro?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brinn
Lhuna: Wasn't really around yesterDay. Still find her suspicious for reasons stated yesterDay.
As part of a list post. The reasons were:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brinn
Okay, I had some concerns about Lhuna's posts from yesterDay, and after really reviewing them, I do find her suspicious. For her involvement in the ranger discussion, the way she encouraged suspicion against me in a subtle way, her vote yesterDay, and her bringing up Hui's slip.
This is all pretty solid from Brinn. It largely matches what I'd felt, minus the bit about herself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eonwe
I'm still feeling mostly good about Pitch, Shasta, Lhuna, Lottie, and Brinn, but a few of them have said things that made me raise my eyebrows (and there is the possible Pitch-Hui link mentioned in my previous post) and I think it might be time for me to make sure I'm not giving people free passes based on earlier innocent-looking actions.
This is very non-committal for quite a large chunk of the village and Lhuna is bang in the middle of it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenie
Hm. I agree with 1, and with that Lhuna deserves a closer look and Inzil is a very possible wolf, but the rest of this I either disagree with or find fishy or both. Regarding the QT – yes, we can trust that the QT vote is benign; but no, we can’t trust that it’s any more likely to be correct than that of any other innocent, non-Seer person. Following the QT’s lead would give a very easy alibi for a wolf to vote for an innocent without raising too many eyebrows, so no, even with an innocent-majority QT I don’t really trust anyone who places too much weight on what the QT decide.
In response to Boro's comments. Boro had suggested a pack of Lhuna, Lottie, Inzil + one more. Greenie seems to discount Lottie from this list and I agree based on the reasons I gave previously. Boro and Greenie - what linked Lhuna and Inzil for you, given you seemed to agree on that point?

Quote:
For the QT. I would vote +-Lhuna

Ok, it stinks when your time zone doesn't allow you to be around when all the insanity unfolds. Still she made 2 safe votes. Not safe because of the TIME, but safe because of the people she suspects.

She mentions Huey's slip, but doesn't follow up on it.

1st was a self-vote.

2nd was a flimsy vote for Lommy that she still hasn't explained.
Lhuna had been a topic of discussion throughout the Day but Boro seems to be leading the charge here. I don't think anyone else had Lhuna down as their absolute top suspect.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenie
Lhuna – On the fence about her too. Her voting record doesn’t tell us much; admittedly yesterDay’s no vote was due to RL and understandable, but Day 1 she voted for herself which gives us literally nothing, and Day 2 she voted for Lommy for reasons that still aren’t entirely clear to me. There was also the bit where she pointed out Huinwolf’s slip when no one else did but then didn’t follow up on it, which I still think could be a possible indication of guilt (a wolf would be more likely to notice a wolf slip because she’d know that’s what it was).
Interesting that Boro and Greenie have pretty much the same reasoning here. Lhuna wasn't top suspect for Greenie, though, with Inzil, Brinn and Boro more suspicious to her.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lommy
Lhuna - she is playing very safe and avoiding connections to most players. I don't like it.
Lommy has Lhuna in the suspiciousish category with Inzil, Brinn and Eonwe.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lottie
Lhuna - She's been very quiet, which I can't exactly blame her for, but I haven't seen any proof that I can trust her, either.
Has in the 'feeling dubious' list, but has Inzil, Lommy and Boro in a higher category.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lal
I would also put Shasta on my 'watch' list. For the reasons, (ironically enough) that Lommy states in her recent analysis.

I still feel I haven't got any kind of handle on Lhuna, Ka and, to some extent, Kath.
Which probably means they are all brilliant wolves.
On the assumption Lal was killed because the wolves thought she was the Seer (and I still can't see what else the wolves would be going for) this is an interesting post. She was right about Lhuna being a wolf, so it could be that she has actually also pegged another wolf or even wolves and so they killed her assuming she was the Seer so she couldn't dream of any more of them. Alternatively, the others mentioned are innocent, so had Lal turned out to be the Seer then the village may have gone after them assuming she had dreamed them and found them guilty too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lhuna
++EÖNWË

My suspicion of him based on his voting pattern stands.

If Lommy and/or Boro are wolves, then their longevity as a pack would be better served by having a couple of relatively submarine packmates. And while I'm still convinced they're both suspicious, this village has so far had the bad habit of lynching those who are in the middle of the controversy of the Day who more often than not turn out to be innocent, and I'm sick of imagining the wolves cackling to themselves as they watch. Also, giving both of them one more Day and Night's worth of scrutiny should yield something a little bit more concrete.

i'm also not convinced about how Lommy explained that killing Legate as a possible Seer places Rune in a good light. I don't think Legate would have been that vocal about dreaming of him if he were the Seer.
Lhuna putting Boro and Lommy as top suspects together I think makes it very unlikely they would both be wolves, if either is.

Eonwe then has Lhuna as 'unsure, neutral' in his list post, and had voted for one of his top suspects, Boro.

Quote:
The two first votes are interesting. Lhuna goes for yet another not-so-popular pick, but given how she acknowledges this in her reasoning, I can't really disagree. I mean we must have at least a few wolves who are quiet and steering clear of controversy, unless the remaining pack is Brinn-Zil-Boro-Lottie, which I quite refuse to believe.
Lhuna's vote doesn't seem to be pinging suspicion here for Lommy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lhuna
The most Seerish thing Legate did that stood out to me was encouraging a vote for Hui and looking for support. I think it's more likely he would stick his neck out, as we see in hindsight, to point out a wolf than an innocent, like he would have done with Rune on Day 1 in your scenario.

I say this because I've been thinking Rune might be another submarine wolf. Given that I suspect you, this could be a way for you to use a Seer-candidate's words to keep others from taking a closer look at Rune. And it bothers me that at least a couple of people have agreed with you about him.
Lhuna brought Rune up a few times, particularly in response to Lommy's posts. If she'd been in real danger at this point, this might look more like pushing a particular name to keep it looking innocent the next Day. As this was before the QT and the votes, I think it speaks to Rune likely being innocent.

Quote:
Originally Posted by THE Ka
I'm going to have to ask the same Lhuna. Choosing him appears to be they were having a hunch on his role due to his relative safety and insights? If so, why not Pitch who was in tandem with him at points during the Huin vote. Or do you think he was chosen out of pressure and because of starting the Huin vote they thought he had some additional role insight?
This was about why the wolves chose Legate. Lhuna's assertions that Legate did not look Seerish suggests that this was indeed why he was killed.

Greenie mentions she wouldn't be opposed to lynching Lhuna - has Inzil as her top and Boro and Brinn on the list too.

Then the QT votes Lhuna.

Quote:
So presumably at least 2 dead innocents including Legate, or 3 innocents not including Legate, think Lhuna is fishy?

Gotcha, dead folks. A bit unsure how much we should let their choices affect ours though. They don't (barring some catastrophe in the qt thread) have evil intent, but they still don't know anything more than we do.
This initial reaction suggests Lommy wasn't eager to follow the vote choice here.

Inzil states Lhuna is not his first choice and votes Lommy. Looking back, it doesn't seem that Inzil has mentioned or interacted with Lhuna since the posting around the Kit discussion, so voting for her here would have really stuck out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitch
Lhuna - darned if I know; she's a slippery fish in the sense that I can't quite get a cognitive grip on her
Pre-voted Eonwe and didn't seem to have any major suspicion of Lhuna here.

Greenie thinks Hui may have slipped and therefore the QT actually know something about Lhuna. Tempted to go for her, and she did mention she'd be happy to lynch Lhuna earlier.

Lommy would prefer Inzil but was happy to go with Lhuna. Having said a little earlier that she wasn't sure about following the QT vote, I'm interested in what changed her mind.

Lottie voted Boro and didn't mention Lhuna at all. What did you think of the QT vote, Lottie?

Quote:
I'll most probably be following the QT's vote. Seems to me like they've got a good head on their shoulders now.
Boro seemed very happy with the situation.

Rune listed Inzil, Eonwe and Brinn. Said he'd take a look at Lhuna.

Greenie votes Inzil for being the most suspicious and mentioned suspicion of Lhuna and Boro. Having previously said you'd be tempted to follow the QT, Greenie, why the decision to stick to Inzil in the end?

Lal's push for the village listening to the QT I think again would have made the wolves suspect she might be the Seer. There goes the QT literally naming a wolf an no one seems to listen, so she brings it to the forefront.

Lommy said that without an analysis of Lhuna she only had flimsy reasons to vote and wasn't happy with that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rune
I think it is interesting that Lhuna , a relatively non-vocal player (at least not great quantities of posts), choses to introduce her theory that there we are dealing with submarine-wolves in a relatively subdued manner. Also she only does so after she has cast a vote fore Eonwe.
I didn't really see Lhuna as non-vocal because of her involvement with the Kit discussion, but I can see the not great quantities of posts point.

Brinn says she could vote for Lhuna but would rather vote Inzil.

Shasta says he'd probably vote Lommy.

THE Ka looked into Lhuna and Lommy debating whether the wolves killed Legate because they thought he was the Seer, and picking out Rune as an innocent/suspect. She concludes Lhuna comes out of that the more suspicious and votes for her. This is the first vote for Lhuna since the QT vote.

Lhuna -> Eönwë
Eönwë -> Boro
QT -> Lhuna
Inzil -> Lommy
Lottie -> Boro 2
Greenie -> Zil
THE Ka -> Lhuna 2

This ties Lhuna with Boro.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shasta
I'm pretty okay with this tally. The QT vote for Lhuna is interesting - unsure if I want to follow up on it today, but I don't think she and I are ever going to agree about how long I held my vote the day we QT'd Huin, and I can't decide if I think it's wolvish or not.

I currently think there's a Lommy/Boro connection - specifically I think there's a case for them being wolves together. It's at gut-and-pings level right now; if I were to research anything it would probably be that.

Zil and Eonwe both have minor dings against them but also both have places where I agreed with what they had to say, so...
Then in the immediate next post he agrees with Greenie's vote for Inzil and says it's followed his exact train of thought, so I'm surprised he doesn't have Inzil as a clearer suspect in his own post. And then a post later, looks at Eonwe's list and likes/dislikes parts of it, but again doesn't mention Inzil despite what he just said about Greenie's post.

Pitch votes Eonwe.
Lal votes Lhuna.
Lommy votes Lhuna.

Rune votes Eonwe. This puts Eonwe at 3 while Lhuna is at 4.

I vote Lhuna.
Shasta votes Lhuna.
Boro votes Eonwe.
Brinn votes Lhuna.

So it was Shasta's vote that decided it. Had he voted Eonwe instead, and then Boro still voted Eonwe, Brinn would have had the deciding vote.

I'm sorry, this was supposed to be a look at just Lhuna's posts, but turned into more of a train of thought through the Day. It also took a while! The last post I saw before starting was 1090.