View Single Post
Old 05-11-2015, 09:59 AM   #3866
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.
I sent Eönwë a message since he just posted on the new ww admin thread.

Nogrod's outline looks good to me, but I wouldn't mind compromising for a shorter time jump if that's what the majority wants. Personally, I quite like 5 years.

Now that I'm thinking of it, I think I want to keep writing Wilheard, and poor Wulfric can be dead. It should make things interesting.

Modtryth then... to be frank, I don't think there's that much in her that I'd find interesting to explore, and I feel like she's very archetypal female character written by Ms Lommy back in 2000-whatever, and creating some huge drama for her just to make it more interesting would feel a little fabricated. So I'm thinking I could keep her as secondary character, writing for her when it's relevant for other characters' plots and offering her to be used as an NPC whenever people need one of the household servant women to do this or that. A lot depends on how many active kitchen wench/ maid/ random household servant woman characters are we going to have, because if all the others are going to be NPCs/ carry-along characters again there's little reason for me to write Modtryth super actively either. And I'm not entirely opposed to killing her off for the sake of drama...

As for Cnebba, I look forward to seeing him grown up a little. I think me and Nogrod's arrangement of sharing the character worked really well in the past, and I think we can continue that. OR if Nogrod - who has been writing Cnebba more recently - has a vision what to do with the character, I'm also content in taking the back seat and grabbing the pop corn and seeing what happens to the poor little boy.

So, in short, will my characters be around?

Wilheard - yes (now with added trauma; and probably also completed soldier training - he was only 17 and now he's going to be 20 or 22)
Wulfric - nope, RIP
Modtryth - yes, as a secondary character (?????)
Cnebba - yes, whatever the actual writing arrangement between me and Nog

I also think people should revise/update/rewrite the character bios for the old characters to make it easier - especially for the new players - to orientate (plus in some cases *coughthinlómiencough* correct some lousy grammar - I didn't think my English used to be any worse than it is now but apparently I was wrong... )