View Single Post
Old 02-24-2011, 04:41 PM   #820
Envinyatar
Quill Revenant

Envinyatar has just left Hobbiton.
‘Well, I’ve finished my work, that’s for sure. One crate of smoked trout, one of perch stowed away in the kitchen.’ Tolly reached for the half-pint Seredic had drawn for him and took a good swig. ‘Good as ever!!’ he said with an affable nod toward the Innkeeper.

Tolly set his mug down on the bar and glanced toward the door to the kitchen. ‘More than just my fish tucked away in there,’ he said, motioning with his chin. ‘A Mistress Puddifoot is in there, too. Tsk-tsking over the state of your kitchen, I think, as well as the garden patch just outside it.’ He grinned at Seredic. ‘If you’re not fast enough, seems like the kind of lady be straightening up and rearranging things more to her liking.’ His eyes sparkled with laughter as he nodded his head. ‘I do believe I just got out of there before she recruited me to start some weeding.’

He lifted the mug again and drained it. ‘Wouldn’t say no to another, if you’re offering, Master Boffin,’ he said with a hopeful eye on the ale cask. ‘How’s the Missus, by the way? And the wee ones?’