View Single Post
Old 10-19-2002, 03:39 PM   #116
Enedhil
Wight

Enedhil has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR> FRODO<BR>I wish the Ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.<P>GANDALF<BR>So do all who live to see such times, but that is not for them to decide. All they have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to them. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the ring. I which case you were also meant to have it. And that is an encouraging though. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>Aye, that certainly brings a lump to my throat: I find something so touching about the way the lines are delivered there. Acting at it's finest. Oh and yes, along with several of Aragorn's lines ("Be at peace..."). Whew. *bounces* Need to get that DVD out again...<P>but undeniably the WORST LINE in the entire film comes from Elrond, who otherwise, I quite like (he's cool, in my opinion):<P>"It must be cast back into the firey chasm from whence it came!" <P>NOO! No, no no no no!! That is just cheese at it's worst. That line is cheese with whiskers! Ewww! *laughs at own over-reaction*<P>I find there are very few truly bad lines, but we could be here all day, combing the script and posting all the best bits. *grins*<P>Roll on December.<p>[ October 19, 2002: Message edited by: Enedhil ]