View Single Post
Old 10-26-2005, 08:53 AM   #552
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

littlemanpoet is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.littlemanpoet is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
"You're needing me to show you how, is that it, halfling?" Ruthven asked Falco.

"The King can be mercurial sometimes," Bethberry was saying to the apparently former King's messenger, "yet such news is not all to the ill, is it Eodwine? There might well be good reason for a family man to be settling down now in town, no?"

"Pah!" retorted the halfling, grinning. "I wanted to see for myself if those dexterous digits were as good at something useful like pipe lighting as they seem to be for rag darning."

"Well," Eodwine said, glancing at Saeryn's dreamy face, "that depends on if there's a family to go home to."

"What're you saying, Eodwine?" asked Falco.

"I made my intentions known to the lady Giedd before I came here. I wait upon her pondering."

"What be the stakes?" Falco asked with one raised brow as he warred with Ruthven in a smoke ring battle.

Eodwine allowed a half a smile. "Whether the lady is interested in remaining as she is, or will allow the possibility of - how do you call it, Falco?"

"Handfasting, I think you're wanting. Just the possibility?"

"Ah yes. Yes, and no more just yet. So when when Gudryn is brought back to me, we shall see if she comes through the door alone or not." Eodwine shrugged.

"You don't seem to be holding out much hope, man," Falco observed.

Eodwine shrugged again. "Little was said by the lady, and little could be told of her mood from watching her face. She asked to spend more time with Gudryn, and that is how we left it." He sighed, picked up his ale cup, and took a few deep swigs.