View Single Post
Old 07-28-2020, 11:36 AM   #183
Huinesoron
Overshadowed Eagle

Huinesoron is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Huinesoron is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Galadriel55 View Post
Lovely!

I think the tempo works very well, it gives Sauron a chance to give full measure to his contempt.

Finrod - I know exactly what you mean! I also can't sing him as written, if I sing high I don't hit the high notes, and if I sing low I don't hit the low notes. I wqs thinking of shifting the piece down a few notes, that way the high notes won't be so high. I believe there is a button for that, but if not I will figure something out to make it realistically singable.
I think I can probably do it if I stick to the middle pitch, it's just a matter of keeping there. I'll give it another shot.

Meanwhile, here's a preview of what Finrod is singing about:

I have some sneaky graphical effects in mind to make full use of the layout; we shall see when we get there.

(This is of course Valinor in the 'present'; I wouldn't trust myself to draw the Trees, so I take license from the present tense of his song.)

EDIT: A rerecorded version of Progress Two.

I think I've gotten Finrod to stay on-pitch. Sauron too, though that was much easier. I've also done some fiddling with Sauron - I boosted the bass a little over the treble, added a mild echo, and then dropped the whole thing by one tone. I think it works okay? (An octave drop doesn't work on anything; all the details get smudged out.)

EDIT2: Finrod? Hopefully Finrod?

hS

Last edited by Huinesoron; 07-28-2020 at 03:05 PM.
Huinesoron is offline   Reply With Quote