View Single Post
Old 10-23-2003, 11:22 AM   #31
Orofaniel
Mighty Mouse of Mordor

Orofaniel has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Orofaniel
Eye

"What was that all about?" Firiel asked Tanroth. His eyes didn't meet hers. He tried to look away but Firiel followed. No reply came what so ever. She gave a short sigh. She knew the look on his face; he was worried and being sceptical about the whole thing. Tanroth was a man that usually took things quite serious, and this was indeed an important journey. Firiel did understand the pressure that was laid on Tanroth shoulders. But then again, she knew nothing about it. It was he that had gotten the quest from The Lady, no one else.

She sighed yet again before Tanroth turned to the rest of the elves, urging them forwards in the thick fog.

Firiel felt a gentle grip around her arm. It was Rostion. "I thought I lost you," he said while giving a short laugh. Firiel laughed as well. "Of course not...I'm right here." Firiel replied while she grinned.

"Why did we have to pack up so early," Rostion said after they had walked for a couple of minutes. "I mean, wouldn't it be wiser to stay at a resting place until the fog has lighten up? It's very easy to "loose" someone in this kind of weather." Rostion continued.

Firiel listened to what Rostion said. She agreed with her husband. It was true. It would be easy to "loose" someone in the thick fog. And of course it would be wiser to stay at one place until the fog had lightened up. She was silent for a moment before replying: "I agree with you. I don't think this is a very clever thing to do as well. But Tanroth is our leader; he got this "quest" from the Lady for a reason. The Lady trusts him to lead us to The Heavens and to Valinor. We must follow him and trust that he makes his decisions based on his reasons. Maybe he has something planned, I do not know...." She gave a sigh before they both noticed that they had stopped walking. They hurried after the others, who were in front of them.

Before Rostion and Firiel reached them Erfalas almost managed to knock Firiel down from behind, by inncident of course. He had murmured his appolugiese and decided to walk next to them.

"Thick fog," Firiel said while looking on Erfalas.

"Aye," he replied loudly.

Sooner or later they reached the three elves in front of them. Erkaliel, Arilewen and Solondil were talking merrily to each other and seem to have no worries about the thick fog or Tanroth's decisions.

[ October 23, 2003: Message edited by: Orofaniel ]

[ October 23, 2003: Message edited by: Orofaniel ]