View Single Post
Old 10-22-2003, 07:02 AM   #27
ElentariGreenleaf
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

ElentariGreenleaf has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Imthôlion did not speak much as the company ate and shared tales. He did murmur something about the beauty of the stars, as they all turned their eyes skyward, and said some words of praise to one of the other elves as they finished a tale, but it was not until Arilewen sang her song that he said more than five words at once.

“Your song was wonderful, Arilewen,” said Imthôlion. “You have a wonderful singing voice.”

“Thank you,” replied Arilewen. “I never have liked singing in front of others. I always fear I shall get something wrong.”

“Nonsense!” said Imthôlion with a smile. “I have heard you sing before, on those rare occasions when you sang in public, an you never got a note wrong.” He sighed, a deep and thoughtful sigh. “It seems strange that we shall never see the younger elves grow in knowledge and wisdom. I shall miss Lothlorien, with all my heart, yet I cannot be sorrowful, for we travel to a place fairer by far.”

“I know what you mean,” said Arilewen. “It is strange, so very strange, to be leaving the place you have for so long known as home. But be joyful,” she added with a smile, “for we shall see Valinor before long!”

Imthôlion heard Rostion say to Firiel that it was time to sleep, so he said goodnight to Arilewen and found a comfortable place to sleep. He looked up at the stars, and sung a song about Elbereth, though in his head for he did not wish to disturb the others. Before long the darkness of sleep replaced the darkness of night.

[ October 22, 2003: Message edited by: ElentariGreenleaf ]