View Single Post
Old 10-15-2003, 08:50 PM   #19
Tinuviel of Denton
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Tinuviel of Denton has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Tinuviel of Denton
Silmaril

I'm not going to cry, I'm not going to cry, I'm not going to cry--I'm going to cry, ran through Arilewen's head over and over again as the elves began their journey. She kept her eyes firmly on the road ahead, not wanting to look back at the land she'd known for so long and disgrace herself once again with the tears that threatened.

It didn't work, and she suddenly realized that her face was moist with the tears that had been flowing for some time. She grimaced and took out a bit of cloth, furtively wiping away the crystalline droplets that trickled their lonely way down her cheeks, but they kept coming 'til at last she sighed, and gave it up as a lost cause.

Watching the other elves, she wondered that none of them seemed to be happy that they were at last going to Valinor. Gloom, rather than joy, seemed to be the prevaling emotion. And a trace of fear. Instinctively, she moved closer, wanting to shield herself from the forces that cast a shadow over this journey. Unconsciously, her steps carried her closer to Solondil and, not for the last time, she wished the journey safely over, and that the group were already aboard the ship.