View Single Post
Old 09-18-2005, 02:11 PM   #15
Elladan and Elrohir
Shade of Carn Dûm

Elladan and Elrohir has just left Hobbiton.
I criticize the movies at a lot of points (I guess that makes me a bona fide basher), but I'm also open to some changes.

The more I understand about how movies are made, the more I can come to terms with SOME of the changes PJ made. Some of them I still can't figure out. The important thing for me is that PJ has a reason for each change. I may or may not not agree with that reason, but he'd better have one.

Personally, despite the dictionary definition posted, I don't think repeated criticism of something is bashing. Like Boromir88 said, I think the word bashing has a very negative connotation: Few like to be accused of it. I know I don't.

I definitely think that we can have intelligent discussions about what we like or don't like about the movies without resorting to, quote unquote, "bashing." But, "bashing" does happen from time to time, even on this forum, and that's fine. I guess.

THE HOBBIT - IT'S COMING
Elladan and Elrohir is offline   Reply With Quote