View Single Post
Old 12-22-2004, 06:12 PM   #99
Orofaniel
Mighty Mouse of Mordor

Orofaniel has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Orofaniel
Pipe Evrathol

Evrathol noticed a sudden interest in Tarkan's eyes. It was as if they were lit up. Tarkan looked upon him with great excitement and curiosity. Then his face expression changed; Tarkan suddenly looked anxiously at him, he was probably wondering whether the elf was going to continue and tell him about his concerns regarding his mother and the Banquet or if Evrathol would hold his silence. Evrathol however sat quietly, not knowing exactly what to say or where exactly to begin. Pelin looked questioned at the Priest and not Evrathol, which would have been expected. Pelin sighed a little, just to show the Priest that he was still present.

"Pelin, my friend, please leave us for a moment, will you?" Tarkan asked the man, however he didn’t take his eyes of Evrathol. Pelin nodded quickly; but he didn’t see insulted or angry. Pelin had eaten well and drank enough, and he was more than willing to do what the Priest wished. "It's been a pleasure, sir," he gestured at Evrahol. Evrathol replied quickly; "The pleasure was all mine.” With that, Pelin parted from them. Tarkan and Evrathol were now left alone. Tarkan had by now gotten up from his seat on the divan. His paces were long and it didn’t take him ling to reach the door. He closed it quickly; he was most eager to get back to his seat, or so it seemed. He then found his way back to the divan and seated. This time he didn’t seem as comfortable as he had done before.

"Now," Tarkan began. "It's only you and I, Evrathol," he continued. "I did get the impression that you wanted to speak with me...alone..?" Tarkan then said. Evrathol knew Tarkan was pointing to the event where he had asked Pelin to leave them. "Well, yes," Evrathol replied after a short pause.

"First, will you let me apologise for my very rude behaviour towards you last evening?" Evrathol asked, quietly, but with a certain sternness in his voice. "What is this you speak of?" Tarkan then replied, looking very much surprised. Evrathol didn't know for certain if Tarkan pretended to be untouched by yesterday's events or if Evrathol had been exaggerating. Perhaps he had. By looking at Tarkan - his eyes- he seemed sincere, but the Priest might be fooling him. Oh, what a dreadful thought. Why would a Priest try to fool him?

"Well, I was a bit short with you last night. I may have been a bit arrogant and restricted - and now I'm here to ask for your forgiveness..." Evrathol continued. His voice was, as always, full of self confidence, but somehow, Evrathol seemed blunt. Maybe he was. Maybe the Priest wouldn't notice.

"Don't be silly, my friend," the Priest said, while smirking. Evrathol said naught; and there was a short moment with silence. "Let's hear what you really wanted to talk to me about...shall we?" the Priest suggested eagerly. Evrathol hesitated. Was he going to share his concerns with Tarkan? A Priest he hardly knew? Well, they knew each other well enough to speak in civil conversations in public as well as in private. But the topic Evrathol was about to share seemed like foolish thing to bring up. However, Evrathol knew it was too late to turn now and that the Priest wouldn't let him go just like that.

"I'm worried....or, not worried, maybe just curious," Evrathol began slowly. "As you probably know, my mother spends quite some time in the temple...with The High Priestess," Evrathol continued. He noticed that the Priest's eyes lit up of curiosity and excitement as Evrathol mentioned the High Priestess. "That I know," Trakan then let out. "Well, I'm not quite sure, but I do feel that The High Priestess has....a great...." Evrathol then said. He was looking for a words; the correct word. "Impact," Evrathol then said after a moment. "I think The Priestess has a great impact on my mother Arlomë. I'm not of the opinion that The Priestess is untrustworthy and uncivilized. I'm just not quite sure that this 'impact' she has on my mother is good for her...." Evrathol then concluded. Tarkan listened very carefully without any interruptions. But now as Evrathol had finished, Tarkan cleared his throat; "Are you inquiring that The Priestess is somehow using your mother to achieve....something?" The Priest asked suspiciously. "No," Evarathol replied quickly. "I'm not inquiring anything except for that I'm not certain that the relationship between the two of them is as it should be...." Evrathol knew how odd it might sound for the listener, any listener for that matter. He took a grape from the dish and swallowed it without even tasting the bitter sweet taste of it.

"When I arrived earlier, they were both in a heavy debate, but both were silenced as I entered the county yard. As for eavesdropping; no I'm not the kind, but I must be honest and say that I did hear some talk of the Emissary...." Evrathol spoke quickly, not taking a single breath. "I see..." Tarkan nodded and before he could say anything Evrathol was at his feet.

"I must be going," Evrathol then said. He knew he had been in the temple too long, and his father was probably anxious too see him. "Thank you for everything, and farewell," Evrathol said, waving his good byes to the Priest. "All so soon?" Tarkan then said, while his face expression fell. "I'm afraid so," Evrathol muttered. "Well, at least let me look into....it. Your concerns, I mean," Tarkan then muttered. "That is what I hoped for. Thank you," Evrathol then answered politely, smiling.

Taking his leave, Tarkan was left alone in the room. Evrathol went through the door, meeting Pelin just outside. "Farewell Pelin," Evrathol said quickly. "Sir," he said, bowing humbly.

Last edited by Orofaniel; 12-27-2004 at 10:34 AM.