View Single Post
Old 10-10-2004, 05:29 PM   #883
Gorothlammothiel

Gorothlammothiel has just left Hobbiton.
Pipe

"What about you, friend?" she asked. "Where are you from, if you don't mind me asking? Are you here for business or pleasure?" She smiled good-naturedly at her grey-eyed companion and took a sip of her ale.

"Pleasure" Soronume replied, "always a pleasure to visit the Shire and particularly this good Inn here". He smiled. "My name is Soronume by the way, and i'm not from around here either, as I would imagine you can tell".

"Indeed" Eleniel replied quickly, "it is your accent that gives you away".

"And there I was thinking it was my appearance" The two of them laughed. "But no, I travel the lands and always seem to return here to the Shire. It should really now be a second home to me." Soronume took up his drink and realised that he was still wearing his muddy coat.

"Oh, my lady Eleniel, you must forgive my rudeness." He took the cloak from his shoulders and laid it across his lap, taking care not to brush Arrow with it, who now seemed quite content. "I am sorry that my atire is not the finest example, my last travels were long although not eventful. More an exploration than an adventure, which makes a change". Soronume stopped himself there.

"So" he began again after a minute or so of silence bringing his attention back to the table, "what is this merchandise you seek out in the Shire? Something more than you alone should be aware of?" he said with a curious, almost mischievious smile...