View Single Post
Old 04-21-2006, 06:04 AM   #96
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul

Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Formendacil, I think you are taking this too persionally.
" you have to remember that I consider the fact that "Jesus Christ was Crucified, Died, and was Buried, and that He Rose Again from the Dead" to be as equally truthful a fact as "Catholics are Christian". On the same note, I also think that "the Bible is God's Inspired Word" is as equally true a fact."

Similarly you have to be aware that the one is objective, the second at least 2/3 historically almost certain, the third is subjective. I have no problem with you believing this.

As for the next bit well, I no longer believe in an afterlife so .... whatever.. I will carry on trying to live as good a live as I can in this one.

" It is very amusing to watch people ascribe modern thoughts and feelings to a very much not-modern event. " And yet the fundamentalist expect a very much not modern collection of tects to be applied to modern day lives without the interpretation and rationalisation that you have applied to the story of Abraham and Isaac....

Christopher Tolkien, Requiescat in pace
Mithalwen is offline   Reply With Quote