Thread: Password
View Single Post
Old 04-20-2020, 09:21 AM   #9173
Huinesoron
Overshadowed Eagle

Huinesoron is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Huinesoron is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pervinca Took View Post
As it is said in old lore, go not to Huinesoron for counsel, for he will say both less and more!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urwen View Post
Well, where else could it have began? And don't say it began in Bag-End, because it didn't.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huinesoron View Post
It most certainly did not!
You're still not thinking literally enough.

Quote:
OIN is an anagram of 'No I,' which not very satisfyingly satisfies the clue, (that's not *much* worse than saying 'less and more.')
It's not Oin, and there's no anagrams.

Quote:
I think 'You're in second place' means the second letter is the 'red' one, so it could also mean that several dwarves (although 'any' would be hyperbolic) would fit the bill ... well, Oin, Bifur, Fili and Kili in this case, since Gimli isn't in the particular *sub-gaggle* of Erebor dwarves who went on the actual Quest of Erebor.
You're correct about the second letter being the one you're after, and that more than one (though hardly 'several') dwarves can fit the clue. It's not too much of a hint to say I originally wanted to write 'brothers', but wasn't sure if I could, is it...?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kath View Post
Well, I've ended up in Buckland ...
Yikes, don't go there!

Quote:
Harad existed in the First Age, so maybe the spider is Ungoliant? Ungoliant still has a connection with Shelob.
Nah; earlier than that.

hS
Huinesoron is offline   Reply With Quote