View Single Post
Old 06-05-2015, 05:44 PM   #232
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalė

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via MSN to Nogrod
One more thing that came to my mind while I was having a cigarette before going to sleep...

the phantom's little joke with claiming to be a lover just ten minutes before the DL kind of made me think about the issue in general. I'm too tired to think through all the ramifications myself now, but would like to bring the issue forth anyway for you others to consider - and well the future lover / ranger who comes here to consider.

The first thing that crossed my mind reading tp's "revealment" was kind of "of course, that's brilliant!" (well it would have made understandable his stubborness in connection with us possibly willing to check him as that would then have been in vain).

The clue sure would be that if the gifted didn't reveal us the gift s/he could observe us more "objectively" as no wolf among us would know to posture to the gifted in the right way. So s/he might get better knowledge out from this thread than if s/he revealed the gift to us (s/he could of course reveal sometime late - like tp "did", like after all voting is done or something).

But on the other hand, if the gifted told us of her/his gift, we could concentrate our efforts to help the village exactly on that D/N, and knowing the info we gather that D/N is the latest thing to go forwards, we could also think our decisions with that in sight.

So what do you think?

Surely it is up to the gifted to decide what to do, but we might help in thinking out some obvious problems in doing it either way - more minds find out more POV's than just one.

Okay, now to bed.
Nogrod is offline   Reply With Quote