View Single Post
Old 04-30-2021, 01:13 PM   #670
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huinesoron View Post
The Ghost was heaps of fun, but maybe too powerful. We came within a handspan of a final day with three Confirmed Innocents and the ability to easily convey them, which really shouldn't happen. A couple suggestions:

1/ The idea of allowing each quote to only be used once per game sounds like a good way of limiting the Ghost. It means that if you find a perfect line (such as the one with innocent in quote marks), you have to weigh up using it now versus saving it for a maybe Seer reveal later.

2/ Rather than limiting the Ghost to a given number of appearances - we basically sent it in every chance we got here! - how about 'may not be used on consecutive days'? That works for both long and short games, and gives a play-off of "we know a lot now, but what if the Seer gets killed...?'
Another possible limitation is if the Ghost could only quote from one text (per Day? per Game?). e.g. Form would only quote from ROTK, Hui would only quote from TH, Lottie would only do The Sil, etc. And I agree about an every-other-Day restriction, I think that can also curb the amount of information flowing backwards to the Living.

Someone asked about infodrops. The first two were fun to write, and BG and I had a plethora to choose from. The third one was more difficult, as generic statements about the game became increasingly narrow. I almost resorted to either/both logic statements to get around that (e.g. either both Kath and Lommy are ordos or Pitch and Boro are not both wolves, but not both). Thankfully there were sufficient normal phrases to avoid that. What ended up going to Sally was:
There was at least one wolf among those who voted for Hui on D2.
At least one wolf did not receive any votes yet.
Both remaining wolves voted for Hui at some point in the game.
I was surprised that she went for #3, which in my opinion gave the most definitive info. But I was not privy to the pack's plans and opinions, so maybe it made more sense from their perspective.

For the final infodrop, the DT knew everyone's alignment except for Morsul and Lommy. And because BG and I didn't think it fair to reveal the roles so openly, we gave the wolves a statement that could apply to either person and opened it up to their suggestions. Evidently no better thoughts have occurred, as that one statement was still the only one on the drawing board by posting time. I was not supposed to be awake at the DL+6 time, but I could not help it, every time I tried to sleep I would keep thinking that I miscounted the votes, or misphrased the sentence, and it would implicate one of the survivors, and I would have to get up and check to make sure it was still good.

For the future, I would probably make it an implied rule that infodrops will not contain new information that would instantly take the game out of everyone's hands. If it wasn't for the Ghost, it might have been possible to reveal LomWolf and leave it up to the voting to determine the balance. But with a Ghost who can just declare everyone's roles unchallenged, it seemed too unfair.