View Single Post
Old 01-26-2016, 08:41 AM   #25
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via AIM to Boromir88 Send a message via MSN to Boromir88
Quote:
Originally Posted by Galadriel55 View Post
Also, I'm getting rusty, so I'm not 100% sure, but did he not visit the Lonely Mountain for a time while Frodo had the Ring in the Shire? He didn't settle down completely for quite a while.
He did get to Dale. I would imagine he saw the Lonely Mountain again, but doesn't seem like he visited:

Quote:
'I got here without much adventure,' he said, 'and after a rest I went on with the dwarves to Dale: my last journey. I shan't travel again. Old Balin has gone away. Then I came back here, and here I have been.'...~Many Meetings
As for what Bilbo knew about the Ring and any danger he was in once settled in Rivendell:

Quote:
'I hear all kinds of news, from over the Mountains, and out of the South, but hardly anything from the Shire. I heard about the Ring, of course. Gandalf has been here often. Not that he has told me a great deal, he has become closer than ever these last few years. The Dunadan has told me more. Fancy that a ring of mine causing such a disturbance! It is a pity that Gandalf did not find out more sooner. I could have brought the thing here myself long ago without so much trouble. I have thought several times of going back to Hobbiton for it; but I am getting old, and they would not let me: Gandalf and Elrond, I mean. They seem to think that the Enemy was looking high and low for me, and would make mincemeat of me, if he caught me tottering about in the Wild.'~ibid