View Single Post
Old 03-04-2003, 01:07 PM   #161
Amanaduial the archer
Shadow of Starlight

Amanaduial the archer has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Amanaduial the archer
Eye

As Anuion fitted his arrow into his bow and in a second the arrow shot out into Jerika's wrist it seemed. He winced but caught her eye and just stopped himself smiling; the arrow had only just nicked her skin, but mainly it was in her sleeve and there was enough blood to cover up for that fact and in that split second she fell back screaming, as if it truly had pierced her wrist.

Kane didnt dash forward to kneel beside her, the mistake he made last time, for he was in a good position this time; right behind one of the elves. The elf had a sword in one hand and a dagger in the other and his back was facing Kanes hiding place. Kane covered the distance between them in a few quick paces, and the other elves, gathered around Jerika and the elf now dusting himself off, didnt notice until it was too late. Kane twisted the hand holding the sword, making it fall to the ground, and hit the other hand hard with the hard pommel of his sword, making the elf drop the dagger. Kanes sword came up, placed horizontally across the elf, Melcildir's, throat, forcing his chin upwards so he wasnt in any position at all the make any move. The other elves spun around, including Anuion, bow still held at the ready, another arrow fitted.

"Drop the bow Anuion." He said, quietly and cooly. The elf glared at him, frustrated and angry at being caught out. Kane pressed the sword onto Melcildirs neck a little harder, but not so it drew blood; the elf was quite young, he thought, although he knew well that their appearances could be decieving. "I said drop it Anuion." His voice was a little louder this time, but still alot calmer than he felt.

One of the other elves said something to Anuion and after a moment her lowered his bow. Kane smiled slightly. "You lot as well. Bows and swords."

The elves looked afronted and Kane was really getting fed up but, slowly, they started to drop their weapons before....

"No, I think it is you who will drop your weapon, easterling." A triumphant voice. Kane looked to where the voice came from and cursed silently as he saw what had happened; Jerika was in the hold of another elf. He glared at the elf, whose dagger was at Jerikas throat, but only slid his eyes, slowly and deliberately to where he held his sword in place.

"Ah. Stalemate I think."