View Single Post
Old 11-20-2003, 12:17 PM   #30
Essex
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Essex has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR>The scene they added with Denethor should soften people's opinions towards Faramir.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE><BR>I don't think Faramir the character was a problem, it's what he does and why he changes his mind is the issue. But that's another thread.<P>The one scene that sticks out for me is that I actually felt SORRY for Gollum in the new marshes scene where Frodo tells him not to touch him. Superb. Although I'm a mite annoyed at myself for feeling sorry for him for what he does later....(in tt/rotk)<P>The denethor scene. How comes he knows about the One Ring? (don't tell me denethor found out about it in the palantir). Elrond passing on the news via his minions that the One Ring has been found? Elrond would not do this in a million years!<P>But as said before, it does show us a reason behind the drastic changes that boyens/walsh made to the script (after looking at the dvd extras I'm begining to absolve jackson of a lot of the blame)<P>The denethor scene was still good despite this. and all the other scenes work well as well, especially treebeard knicking tom's lines!<P>It seems a lot of the new scenes are using Tolkien's words directly, which is a great plus point.
Essex is offline   Reply With Quote