View Single Post
Old 05-22-2007, 01:45 PM   #518
MaskedNicci
Pile O'Bones

Location: At that in-between place between fantasy and reality - between grown-up and child.
MaskedNicci has just left Hobbiton.
She pondered the mental image of Elorn muttering and giving a message to a small hobbit. Maggot...an interesting name...but then again, hobbits did have a way of naming themselves strange things.

Alasse felt the silence between them this time was different, it was more tense and awkward. It was, in a strange way, one of the worst feelings Alasse had experienced in quite some time. She shrugged again, secretly wishing the gesture would tip off the strange, overbearing weight on her shoulders, as though she could just let go of the strange silence.

"Well.." She mumbled for a moment, "I suppose, since odd introductions are out of the way, and we've discussed our business, the proper thing to do would be to converse in some nonsensical talk of our interests?" It was more thinking out loud than an actual question, but she turned askance to him either way. "I don't understand art, I'm no good at cooking, and I'm no good at talking without a purpose." She allowed a crooked smile to adorn her features momentarily, "I suppose I'm exactly what humans would call, 'unromantic'. But then, these aren't times to be romantic, in all honesty. Too much opportunity for foolishness already."