View Single Post
Old 05-20-2007, 09:11 PM   #515
MaskedNicci
Pile O'Bones

Location: At that in-between place between fantasy and reality - between grown-up and child.
MaskedNicci has just left Hobbiton.
Alassė had not been sitting long, when Elorn returned to seat himself nearby her in a quiet thoughtfulness, as though he was trying to find something to say. This idea struck Alassė as very comforting, as that would mean she was not the only one with difficulty coming up with this foolish small-talk that humans seemed to enjoy so much. Turning her attention from the girl at the window, she watched Elorn with cold intensity, and regarded him with quiet question; when something strange happened. As they sat there in silence together, her suspicious and mistrusting gaze altered to a queer, almost child-like curiosity to his thoughts. In wonder, she asked herself what she knew about this man. What was his past? What was his future, as he saw it? What was he thinking? She enjoyed this nearly companionable silence, seeing it as a rare moment of pleasant social behavior on her part.

Unfortunately, the silence did not - and could not - last, and Elorn added verbal topic between them, to her inner dismay. "How often do you come to the Shire?” He asked, and if Alassė wasn't mistaken, there was a strange tone to his voice. It wasn't a terrible bad voice, nothing compared to her own kind, to be sure. But it did carry a certain quality she couldn't place. It reminded her of something - someone. “This is my first time seeing these parts, and I probably wont be staying long.”

Putting forth a front of indifference, she gave the smallest of shrugs, turning her gaze back to the girl near the window. "My second time. Before was brief, and long ago. I plan on staying as long as I stay." She took a small sip, then contemplated a moment, before asking, "I come here for reasons unknown even to myself. What is your purpose, if I may intrude so?"

Alassė felt strange - had she just given out free information to this stranger? Unthinkable! She hadn't given undeserved facts about herself since she was a youngster! Granted, she was still quite young either way, but it had been a great deal of time since she had stated her purpose without due cause to.

Last edited by piosenniel; 05-21-2007 at 02:06 AM.