View Single Post
Old 05-20-2007, 06:46 AM   #514
Forest Elf
Haunting Spirit

Location: You say your hurting is over.. It feels like you're out of reach...
Forest Elf has just left Hobbiton.
Gable sighed and began her walk back to the Inn. Her thoughts swirled around her mind like leaves in and autumn wind. Now that the doctor is probably there by now… I don’t mind. Now that I don’t have to take him to the Inn I can look around for any sign of the pony’s owner…I wonder if the owner is still alive or not…What were those wolves thinking anyways? Attacking a pony and the pony’s rider, then coming back into the stables and attacking… I haven’t ever heard of something like this happening before…what’s making them come to the Shire? Gable shook her head to clear her thoughts of the questions. Too many questions that can’t be answered…yet. I should probably get some help if I’m going to look for the pony’s owner…and, if no one wants to help…then it seems I’m going off on my own little adventure for awhile.

Her footsteps were light upon the ground, and she quickened her pace from excitement. She always loved the thought of adventure, even if it was a small thought, but a thought, nonetheless. Gable looked up at the sky, the sun was behind one of the fat, lazy clouds up there just gently going forwards. Then she looked forward and had to keep herself from crying out. There, in the bushes, something was huddled up under there. She couldn’t see what it was, but she didn’t know if it was a threat or not. Slowly, carefully, she lowered herself into a crouch. Then she bit her tongue to keep from crying out. Right there, under the bush is a sleeping wolf. Gable fought to keep the panic down and then calmed herself. Her thoughts of finding the owner vanished and now the only thoughts in her mind was to find the nearest tree until after the wolf had gone away…She stood and slowly began making her way to the nearest tree, a little ways off of the road, but not too far.

She slowly put her feet on the ground, in slow, quiet steps. She was a few feet away from the tree when she stepped on an old twig. It let out a loud snap as she stepped on it and the wolf’s head went up. His ears were raised as he listened for any more sounds. Gable held her breath when his eyes turned upon her. The wolf stood and stared at Gable. Something about this wolf was very familiar…too familiar. The wolf let out a howl and then jumped over to Gable. He sat down in front of her then jumped up on her, like a large dog in greeting.

Somewhat nervous, Gable petted the wolf. Then she knew why this wolf looked so familiar. It was the wolf pup she had saved long ago…only now it was much older. “I’m glad that it’s you and not some-” Gable began to say when she heard a wolf growl to her right, and another one to her left, and one behind her, blocking her off from the tree.