View Single Post
Old 05-06-2007, 09:59 AM   #483
MaskedNicci
Pile O'Bones

Location: At that in-between place between fantasy and reality - between grown-up and child.
MaskedNicci has just left Hobbiton.
The man looked quite content to create this useless small-talk, Alassë realized. He charmingly introduced himself as Elorn, and offered her is services in the traditional fashion.

“It appears that tempers are rising today." He said cordially, "I had thought that the Shire would be a peaceful country, but I guess the variety of races causes friction.”

She narrowed her eyes slightly, then shrugged it off in a nonchalant fashion. "I suppose it does. Personally, I find myself of in indifference to the races. Naturally, I think my own most capable, as is custom. But I will not deny that our differences make us stronger." She peered curiously at him, speaking slowly. "There are bad eggs in every batch, or so they say. It is less about the traditions of the race as a whole, and more about the individual choices we make. It is good to meet you, Elorn. Or, as my race would say, Saesa omentien lle." The familiar phrase fell from her lips easily, but she refrained from changing much of the subject to herself or her native language.

Looking around to give introduction to her change of topics, she said, "I have seen hobbits before, but not much - they always seem to surprise, do they not? One minute, they are of the most cordial and amiable nature. The next, they are fierce and condemning, even though it seems impossible for such a race to strike fear into another." As she had continued to look around the Golden Perch as she spoke, she caught sight of a rough-dressed girl sitting by the window, apparently watching her. Feeling her skin tingle, she tensed, watching the female.

Last edited by MaskedNicci; 05-06-2007 at 10:12 AM.