View Single Post
Old 05-07-2004, 08:34 PM   #246
Everdawn
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Location: On the sand dunes outside of Ilium, watching it burn.
Everdawn has just left Hobbiton.
White Tree

Arridan glanced at the Gondorian man “Sir, may I remind you that my father is the Lord of this town, and I may do what I please, and that you sir, and that Lady whom you are protecting from me” he chuckled. “…are guests here. Imagine what trouble you will cause if you kill me then?” Arridan knew he had a point. “Well Maén, will you stay with us. I know it boils your blood to see me, but you were always fond of my father, he will be glad to see you.

Maén narrowed her hazel eyes at him “It depends upon my companions.”

“If it is a safe place to stay miss Maén, I see no reason why we cannot.” Said Roryn. Maén knew that the old ranger was right.

“Very well” she said. “You may take us to your estate Arridan, but we leave in the morning.

She followed Arridan outside to where the horses were tied up. The young woman glanced at Hittai’s side where she had completely forgotten the mark of the Il Galoth house was branded. She could have kicked herself for not knowing. The obvious frustration must have been showing on her face because Arridan laughed at her. “Could happen to anyone.”

“It shouldn’t have.” She answered. She did not know what was going on with the others, other than they followed silently. It was nearing nightfall when they reached the Cast Iron gates and the long pathway to the home of Jacobe’s Run’s lord Arriten.

The manor was huge, bigger than the Il Galoth manor in Minas Tirith and it was made of grey marble, making it blend in with the solemn feeling of the town. Several servants met them at the front doors as well as Arriten himself.

“My dear girl!” he cried taking an unwilling Maén in a hug. “Its has been four years since I have seen you! Not since you broke your engagement to my poorly son over there.” Maén felt a pang of anger. She had not intended to say yes to Arridan in the first place. Her family wanted her gone, and Arriten was not the kind of man that Maén got along with. He was pretentious and arrogant, womanising and worst of all he had been a soldier. Maén hated the soldiers.

“I did apologise” she said weakly.

“Well, its all in the past!” said Arriten with a hearty laugh. “Tonight we feast and you will tell me why you have come here.” Arriten observed the group that had come with Lady Il Galoth. “And your friends, they must come too.” He ushered them inside. “You will find everything you need, clothes, bathrooms, and bedrooms. You must have a good sleep. We will have a mighty feast Maén just like old times” laughed the old man.