View Single Post
Old 05-06-2004, 02:39 PM   #243
Everdawn
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Location: On the sand dunes outside of Ilium, watching it burn.
Everdawn has just left Hobbiton.
This man laughed suddenly at Atharen and tapped his arm. “Had you going for a second there didn’t I?” Atharen was taken aback in surprise.

Maén had slipped the shawl off form around her head. “How did you know I was here?” she said. The man stood up and bowed.

“Hittai is the only horse tied up outside bearing the mark Mi.IG. The mark of the Il Galoth household. Besides, I know Hittai when I see her. Bloody aweful creature. You would do well to cover her if you wish not to be seen, as I think thats what you wanted to achieve." He smiled and turned and shook Atharen's hand and bowed at Crystal, "Im sorry if I caused you any trouble."

The others looked at Maén questioningly. “Maén, who is this man!”

Maén looked from the ranger to the man. “Well, do you remember how I told you that I had been engaged once? Well, here he is, this is Arridan” she said with some bitterness.

Arridan did not smile this time. “Are you to stay here tonight?” he said looking around the Inn. Maén nodded. “Its not becoming of you my lady ,no for Maén this will never do.”

Maén looked towards the ground. Arridan continued “No, You must stay with my father and I this evening, we will give you everything you need for the night, then you can tell me why you are here, because clearly I can see you have not come to take me back. Or have you?” he his smile quickly faded.

“I would rather speak of it with your father, I was ever politer than you Arridan.” She turned her back on him and faced the company. “This mans father is respectable, a friend of my fathers, he is the lord of this town. Shall we stay there for the night?”