View Single Post
Old 08-17-2020, 06:32 PM   #226
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
The More Or Less Final Version

Tada!!!

I fixed the annoying trumpet, and the volume balance, and the slow-down, and a couple other minor things here and there. And finished the fade-out. I kinda like the bagpipe effect there and at the start - not that I imagine Galadriel with bagpipes, but it sounds cool. I think my favourite stanza overall is Death, it turned out quite well.

I haven't been able to do a test sing-through of the last part to see if anything needs adjusting. So I may change some notes if they feel weird, but it wouldn't affect the length of the piece, so any recordings and visuals won't be affected. Is there any part of the piece that sticks out to you as needing adjustment, or doesn't sit the way you imagined, or anything?

Don't know when I'll be able to do the recording. But at least I have this done so it's not keeping you hanging!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huinesoron View Post
Up to you! Or it could even just be Galadriel; if we did it that way I'd fade Finrod's picture out during it.
That's an idea! I like that. I'll try it out when I get to recording.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hui
EDIT: Speaking of Finrod, and to show I'm still doing something, I've got what I think is a finish backdrop for... several later songs, actually.
The backdrop looks fantastic! Or, should I say, wonderous?

I just feel bad that I keep holding us behind. What are you gonna draw when we get to the Nargothrond songs? You'll probably finish the entire art selection before I get a third of the way through. But there is no way I can think of to go faster without either losing the quality of the music or losing the remainder of my already sparse sleep.

Speaking of holding us back - I am afraid there is more of that to come. I have an exam coming up, so I decided to restrict myself in what I will commit to in the next couple weeks. I figured doing a plain repetitive solo is the best way to go, to keep the momentum going but at the same time not take too much time or brainpower so I won't have an excuse to avoid studying. So - should it be FINROD'S BALLAD TO AMARIE, or WIND? Both are viable options, and I can "hear" both of them nicely with a fairly simple instrument array. And after the exam I hope to open up the floor again to a wider selection.