View Single Post
Old 07-10-2020, 06:34 PM   #55
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huinesoron View Post
So I've just checked, and "wonderous" is actually the very first spelling recorded in the OED for 'wondrous': The wonderous serpente Of the seuen metals, made by enchauntment. (1555) I think we can use it. It's just the same trick as 'cur-SED'.
I guess that's the official stamp of approval!

Quote:
'Younger Children': um, don't go taking my Noldorisms as canon. I think this one happens to be right, but I throw in a lot of things just because they feel right. In this case, Children of Iluvatar + Younger is pretty natural.
Enc of Arda says they are called the Younger Children of Iluvatar and the Second People. "Younger People" is definitely a crossover. And I like "Younger" better than "Second" in that context, it's more... brotherly? I am still somewhat attached to the first version, but I think it's mainly because it aligns with the Russian more closely and I am biased that way. I think your judgement is more objective here.

Quote:
The song's looking great! At some point I'll go through and sing all of these and flag any lines that stick out, but sight-only it looks good.
If you want to actually go through them aloud together, the offer of skype'n'all still stands. I am home all weekend and likely get off work early on Monday. If you're interested, shoot me a PM and we'll coordinate.

Quote:
Heh. 'Eventually'. By my count there are 22 songs in Version 2 (the Extended Libretto would make that 23, because it splices in some Daeron into the middle of 'Hate'. But they're clearly a single song in V2. There are 27 songs total in the Extended Libretto.). Counting the unfinished Sauron and his Minions, we already have nine of them drafted. That's nearly half, in... what, a week? I have a fairly short attention span for weird projects, but not that short. We'll get there*.

*Where 'there' is defined as a functional draft. I make no promises at revisions; I am abysmal at those.
Hey, that's me! I do revisions! I am abysmal at functional drafts because my inspiration (ie the state in which you believe that what you're making is actually good stuff) dies out too quickly for the draft to become functional, but I can revise it for months after!