View Single Post
Old 07-10-2020, 04:55 PM   #52
Huinesoron
Overshadowed Eagle

Huinesoron is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Huinesoron is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
So I've just checked, and "wonderous" is actually the very first spelling recorded in the OED for 'wondrous': The wonderous serpente Of the seuen metals, made by enchauntment. (1555) I think we can use it. It's just the same trick as 'cur-SED'.

'Younger Children': um, don't go taking my Noldorisms as canon. I think this one happens to be right, but I throw in a lot of things just because they feel right. In this case, Children of Iluvatar + Younger is pretty natural.

The song's looking great! At some point I'll go through and sing all of these and flag any lines that stick out, but sight-only it looks good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galadriel55
The other idea that had the audacity to float up during our conversation was that maybe we'd eventually translate the entire musical into a workable version... *falls quiet before things get jinxed*
Heh. 'Eventually'. By my count there are 22 songs in Version 2 (the Extended Libretto would make that 23, because it splices in some Daeron into the middle of 'Hate'. But they're clearly a single song in V2. There are 27 songs total in the Extended Libretto.). Counting the unfinished Sauron and his Minions, we already have nine of them drafted. That's nearly half, in... what, a week? I have a fairly short attention span for weird projects, but not that short. We'll get there*.

*Where 'there' is defined as a functional draft. I make no promises at revisions; I am abysmal at those.

hS
Huinesoron is offline   Reply With Quote