View Single Post
Old 06-14-2020, 11:36 AM   #5119
Pitchwife
Wight of the Old Forest

Location: Unattended on the railway station, in the litter at the dancehall
Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Not right now, but I'm still mulling over the idea of a tweet-style game with limits to post length & amount which Rune suggested in the game before the last.

Somebody (I think G55?) came up with the idea that posts could only be so long as to fit into the box where you type them (apparently it's a fixed size across all platforms), and that would be a nice first step - but how keep people from just breaking their walls of text into smaller chunks?

I'm toying with the idea to have DL not at a fixed time but as a moving wall cutting off the Day when a given number of pages is reached - like, the first post/vote on the next page would still count (because you don't know in advance when the page is flipped), but all thereafter wouldn't until next Day.
__________________________________________________ ____________
^this line marks what would be the maximal post length

It probably would be hell to mod (probably only doable with a co-mod, preferably in another time zone, so that one could keep an eye on the thread at all times and call DL) and quite a departure from our usual WW routines, but could be interesting I think (also would encourage early voting!)

What do y'all think?