View Single Post
Old 05-01-2020, 05:35 PM   #5095
Rune Son of Bjarne
Odinic Wanderer

Location: Under the Raven banner, between tall Odin and white Christ!
Rune Son of Bjarne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Rune Son of Bjarne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Rune Son of Bjarne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via AIM to Rune Son of Bjarne Send a message via MSN to Rune Son of Bjarne
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nogrod View Post
Let's play Werewolf again?

I know some people (myself included) have been joking lately, that with the global situation being what it is, a game of Werewolf could be in place. We discussed this with Thinlomien and A Little Green just a moment ago and decided that I'd go and make an actual suggestion of it here. So why not play a game for a looong time?

If there would be willing players to play a game, there would be a couple of things we'd need to consider.

Modding: Most people surely crave for playing rather than modding now. I could mod the game unless there is someone who would really want to do that. In case there are many people wishing to mod a game, let's see if we have those old modding-lists somewhere, and then see who of the willing are highest on that list.

Game-mechanics: My initial idea was, that this would call for a really basic "old school" game, but then I managed to think it twice. The problem with the basic game is, that if you get lynched on the first day, which happens to someone anyway, the game is over. I think that after this long pause in Werewolf it would be much more fun if everyone could play a bit longer than that.

Therefore I'd suggest some form of a "Dead-thread"-game, where playing in the dead-thread would be meaningful and interesting (aka. the dead would have some power on the events - but not too much, of course). We should discuss the details together. I'd not suggest a Dueling Wizards -game or any such over-complex one though. A simple game, but one where the dead could also play and try to actually influence the outcome.

Theme: Would it be distasteful / out of question to put the game into the world of "The Children of Húrin" where plague ravaged the village? Well, that's just one idea. And if someone else mods the game, they sure are free to come up with whatever they like.

So, what say you? Shall we play?
If there is a dead-thread and you can accept that my participation will be limited to the hours around midnight CET, then I am game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitanna View Post
Let the race to be lynched first begin!
I am sure I will unwittingly join this race.

Rune Son of Bjarne is offline   Reply With Quote