View Single Post
Old 02-23-2003, 11:23 AM   #124
Lyra Greenleaf
The Diaphanous Dryad

Lyra Greenleaf has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril

Telpeheled was surprised thatMaeralagos actually listened to him and sat. Maybe he's tired too, and finds it easier to just follow orders than think? It comforted Telpeheled to think that older, more experienced Elves had suffered in the scuffle too.

Suddenly Telpeheled realised that Maeralgos was talking. That's the problem when you tell someone to talk. You have to listen!

"...To tell the truth, whenever I've been in a situation to tend to a wounded youth such as you, he's never asked anyone to speak, again"
Telpeheled felt guilty at the obvious pain on his face, but Maeralagos was still talking.

"What happened to you just then? What did you see?"

"May I just say, Maeralagos, I would not have made those jokes if I had known it would cause you pain. I have not really had contact with death, myself, but it must be terrible."
He looked closely at Maeralagos but could not read what he was thinking.

Telpeheled continued. "As for what I saw, it was just, well, darkness. And lots of noise, voices and crashes, that sort of thing. I do not know what you expected?"
"You said something odd. About dancing?" replied Maeralagos.

"Ah" Telpeheled smiled. "I also had some sort of a dream- a vision, I suppose. One of the city maidens. And you of course interrupted it, saving my life." He sighed theatrically. Then, looking serious he turned to Maeralagos "I am grateful, you know. Thank you."

[ February 23, 2003: Message edited by: Lyra Greenleaf ]
“Sylphs of the forest,” I whispered. “Spirits of oak, beech and ash. Dryads of Rowan and hazel, hear us. You who have guided and guarded our every footstep, you who have sheltered our growth, we honour you."
the Forbidden Link