View Single Post
Old 06-24-2010, 04:05 AM   #168
TheGreatElvenWarrior
Mighty Quill

TheGreatElvenWarrior has been trapped in the Barrow!
Updated 17 January 2013

Name (that you go by): Tabitha, Tabby, Tutu, Baroness Tabitha of Sealand, Lady Great, and pretty much anything that is not 'Ickletabithakins' or any variation thereof.

Occupation: Baroness, Small business owner. I run a shop on Etsy. So far nothing has sold, but I've got time.

Future Aspirations: Own a tea shop (I am thinking that it would be interesting to run a health spa/resort type of place with a focus on tea). I would love to work in a tea plantation for a year or two. Travel the world. Go to a ball. Design evening gowns. Own an English manor house. Travel back in time. Marry someone obscenely rich so I don't have to work if I don't want to.

Goal in life: To find a place in life where I am happy with myself and my surroundings, where I have close friends and trust. Where I don't have to worry about money.

Short term goals: Attend university, travel to Finland (which could turn into the same goal, who knows). Make some money sounds good too. Add to my wardrobe so I can dress up in styles from all of my favourite periods of history. Garden, and grow organic food. Have the ability to start composting.

Passion: Everyone knows that I love tea, Britain, Alaska, Tolkien, and Doctor Who. I also have an interest in fashion (mostly historical), food, history, and writing (mostly the act itself. I love calligraphy).

Hobbies: Dressing up (currently searching for a Downton Abbey-esque ensemble), making tea, drinking tea, Downsing, gaming, not shopping, going out to eat, ballroom dancing.

Famous for (okay this is where you get to brag about yourself): Knowing about tea. Being the loudest and most jubilant. Knowing more Bealtes songs (and general Beatles trivia) than many other people. Being obsessed with this weird website called the Barrow-Downs. <-- Apparently not much has changed.

Fave book: The Lord of the Rings, the Slimarillion, the Hobbit, the Hitchhikers' Guide to the Galaxy, the Great Gatsby, Harry Potter, The Guernsey LIterary and Potato Peel Pie Society, The Harney and Sons Guide to Tea. Currently I am enjoying For All the Tea in China and My Life in France by Julia Child.

Fave movie: Help!, Monty Python and the Holy Grail, the Lord of the Rings, The Holiday, The Adventures of Tintin.

Fave sport: Ballroom dancing.

Fave store: The Kobuk, Summit Spice and Tea, Barnes and Noble, Waterstones, the Twinings shop on the Strand, Etsy.

Fave music: My current favourites: The Beatles, Ella Fitzgerald, Simon and Garfunkel, music one can swing dance to, and KLEF (a classical radio station in Anchorage).

What you can't stand: Insanity (is not insanity doing the same thing over and over again expecting a different result?), girls who over bleach their hair and over tan (it looks trashy, so would they kindly stop?), frustration, injustice (oh, so many things can go under this category), abuse, prejudice against the environment.

What you plain dislike: Peanut butter, and jam.

Who you admire: My grandmother, J.R.R. Tolkien, Winston Churchill, my mum, Prince Albert (he was almost revolutionary for his time, and that's why no-on liked him besides his wife).

What you most love to do
: Dress up and have tea parties. I guess I am just a little girl inside.

Your self-confessed flaws: My ignorance about most everything, my closemindedness, my tendency to get overly attached to my friends. <- Not much has changed here either.

What intrigues/fascinates you: Earthquakes, the history of tea, history in general, women's studies.

What scares you: Barnacles, the threat of moving away, the deep ocean, the thought of eternity and there not being a definite stopping point, the haunting notion that I am useless/worthless as a human being.

Quotation to live by:

"Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so." - Ford Prefect

Additional comments:
I have no sense of personal space, unless it comes to creepers on buses who look like Fidel Castro that try to smell my hair (that has seriously happened before). And I will tell anything to almost anyone who I have talked to at least once; I am overly trusting with my secrets, which is why I don't have any. I will talk on and on for hours and ramble about a few certain subjects, quite like I am doing here.

Last edited by TheGreatElvenWarrior; 01-17-2013 at 01:45 PM. Reason: People change!
TheGreatElvenWarrior is offline   Reply With Quote