View Single Post
Old 12-23-2007, 02:50 AM   #27
davem
Illustrious Ulair

Location: In the home of lost causes, and forsaken beliefs, and unpopular names,and impossible loyalties
davem is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.davem is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
All I'm looking for is movies that aren't aimed at the American Pie audience & manage to display some respect for the material. And the reason I want this is that I want the whole movie nonsense consigned to history. I think, if the two forthcoming movies are both successful & respectful of Tolkien's work the Estate may decide to unload the movie rights & move on - & that's more of a probably than a possibly once CT has passed on.

Personally, I have no problem with movies of Tolkien's works - though they won't ever equal the books - I just have a problem with silly or offensive adaptations. I think CoH could make a great movie, but I'm not sure the dark, ultimately bleak nature of the story would appeal to an audience without a tacked-on happy ending of some kind.

Anyway, the adaptation I want to see is an animated Smith of Wooton Major in the style of the Pauline Baynes illustrations.
davem is offline   Reply With Quote