View Single Post
Old 12-14-2007, 03:46 PM   #10
Lalwendė
A Mere Boggart

Lalwendė is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Lalwendė is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thenamir View Post
Let there be no banning of movies on the basis of philosophical disagreement. By all means, make Pullman movies, Michael Moore movies, whatever floats the boat of the persons putting up the production dollars. Let them compete in the open marketplace. That was the point of my prior post with the box-office numbers. <cackles with barely-suppressed laughter and runs away...>
Actually, I was beginning to wonder if it was more to do with the 'bottom' falling out of the Fantasy Film Market, a kinds 'credit crunch' on Swords 'n' Sorcery? After all, the whole trend began with the Daddy of 'em all and is now attempting to film the unfilmable on an increasing basis. I have a sci-fi mag floating around somewhere (appropriate, for a sci-fi mag, what?) which lists all the fantasy films currently in talks or production including some very poor prospects indeed.

Plus there's the Shrek-like Enchanted out this week so 'the kids' might much prefer that.

From what I've heard GC fails to get the story across properly, and Northern Lights is the 'easiest' of the trilogy (such as any of them can be said to be 'easy') to understand so I dread to think how they'd even begin to film the second and third books - especially as one of them is missing a major protagonist for about a third of the story! And after the brou-ha-ha over The Two Towers I think too much 'meddling' can ruin a narrative...