View Single Post
Old 10-04-2007, 03:26 PM   #1
Elladan and Elrohir
Shade of Carn Dûm

Elladan and Elrohir has just left Hobbiton.
Pipe Inching closer to The Hobbit film

Well, what do you know? Seems that New Line's fairly interested in making a billion bucks. Entertainment Weekly's cover story reports on the slow reversal of Bob Shaye and Minions as they sheepishly come back to that Wingnut from New Zealand.

No new information except for several "insider" quotes that suggest PJ and New Line are coming close to a deal. But it's an engrossing read that well sums up the tumultuous Hobbit-film history to this point.

http://www.ew.com/ew/article/0,,2003...142132,00.html

I'll say it again: There's way too much money to be made on a Hobbit film for it not to happen. It won't be here before 2010 (and even that's probably an early estimate), but it will come. And PJ will be at the helm.

If possible, I'd like us to keep this discussion limited to the news and speculation about the new Hobbit film; if you wish to trade opinions about how a Hobbit film should be made or who should make it or whether it should be made at all, please start a separate thread and I will heartily join the dialogue. Thanks!

THE HOBBIT - IT'S COMING
Elladan and Elrohir is offline   Reply With Quote