View Single Post
Old 12-15-2005, 12:28 PM   #59
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Location: In a tiny, insignificant little town in one of the many States.
Folwren is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Folwren is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
You had a good night, I trust? You’ve risen early. I hope it wasn’t due to an uncomfortable sleep.”

“No, no, not at all,” Telumehtar said. “The sun woke me, that’s all. Shining in. I swear, one of the first shafts of light must have reached my face and woke me directly.”

“I am sorry, sir,” Hereric replied. “I’m sure we could fix that. Board up the window at night, possibly, if you so wish it.” He glanced forward. “At the time, though, my lord, if you looked forward - do you see that cloud of smoke? Aye, it is smoke, sir,” he added, as the King turned.

“I saw it. You are certain that it is smoke, and not merely a cloud?” Telumehtar turned piercing eyes towards Hereric. The captain nodded.

“I’ve gone aloft to make certain and there can be no mistake. We’ve increased sail to be there as quickly as possible. I don’t know what you want to do.” He trailed off as Menelcar stepped up onto the deck and came towards them. He greeted them both and the captain bowed his head slightly in return and then watched as the Counselor’s eyes were caught by the plume of smoke on the horizon.

“Is that smoke?” he asked, after a shocked pause. His eyes turned towards the king and Hereric, and Telumehtar answered him.

“The Captain believes that it is and has added sail in accordance.”

“I assumed,” Hereric said calmly, “that we would want to get there as quickly as possible and fight off whatever corsairs are abusing our people. I fear, though, that however quickly we may sail down the river, much damage has already been done.”

Last edited by Folwren; 12-15-2005 at 01:44 PM.