View Single Post
Old 11-08-2005, 12:16 PM   #47
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Location: In a tiny, insignificant little town in one of the many States.
Folwren is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Folwren is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Captain Hereric still stood on the quarterdeck when King Telumehtar came out from the cabin. He watched as the king mounted the steep steps to the deck and paced towards the stern rail. The few men that stood there, officers and a couple soldiers, moved silently away, giving him room as they would for the captain. Hereric walked towards him.

“Hello, my lord,” he said, drawing closer. “I hope you found everything to your liking below.” The king turned and looked at him, and then smiled slightly.

“Yes, thank you, captain. It should do well for us.” Hereric nodded and glanced downwards at the deck briefly before lifting his eyes to look back over the water and Gondorian ships. Telumehtar’s gaze followed and for a minute, they both silently looked out over the fleet, saying nothing.

“If you care, sir,” Hereric said, turning back abruptly, “I could show you about the ship, and if you did not mind the climbing, take you up into the rigging itself.” He didn’t know if the king would accept the offer. Some landmen disliked heights and would not set foot to a rope ladder if they were on ship only for transportation, as his majesty was. But others were eager to climb up and sit high above the deck and water to feel the breeze in their faces, stronger than on deck. He waited for Telumehtar to answer. . .

Last edited by Folwren; 11-08-2005 at 03:55 PM.