View Single Post
Old 08-13-2003, 05:06 PM   #13
Manardariel
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Manardariel has just left Hobbiton.
Eye

Hello Lyra,

would you care for a little wanderer? Have a look!

Name: Tim Bracegirdle
Race: Hobbit
Weapon: Crossbow- and his charm. Try to say no to him, you will fail, fail, fail.

Short physical description: A Hobbit- Hunk! (wouldn´t that make a neat PT?) Anyways. Yes, he´s very attractive, with crystal-blue eyes, sun tanned skin. He has sensual lips, darkbrown eyes and a face that´s very, very hard to forget. A smile to die for, and quite muscular. Tall for a hobbit, long legs he has a kind of lazy- elegance hard to find around of hobbits.

Backround/Motivation/Character: Every heard of a hobbit jock?! Not only is Tim too cute to be allowed, he´s also very, very popular. He can be found on every party between Michel Delving and Bree, and he just loves it. He lives with the impression he can have whatever he wants- and every girl he wants. With winks and smiles, he just flirts and flirts. “The world is a stage- and the lasses are MY audience.” He doesn´t have a tad for responsability, and no interest whatsoever in founding a family (“Marry? Kids? End my life? Are you kidding??") Needless to say, this atitude makes him appear rather immature, and especially elder hobbits tend to not take him seriously.
He´s the youngest child of the family, and his mother spoiled him rotten. He never had to take any responsibility, but he also never bounded with any of his –much older- siblings. Even now, that they´re grown up, they´re not really close- exept for Tim and his next-oldest sister Melody, who he trusts boundlessly. But Tim´s also found a kind of new family in his aunt Hilda Brandybuck née Bracegirdle and her children. His cousin Doderic is one of his few close friends.
Tim values fun and laughter, but he has few close friends he really trusts. He tries to be as invincible as possible, always cool and funny, but it´s hard to get a good, true impression of him. In truth, Tim sometimes finds himself longing for much more than ale and dancing. He wants love and friendship. Long talks with more sense than pointless rumors and wide open spaces, where he can be free and do his own thing. But he hardly ever lets these thoughts take hold of him, mainly because he´s happy with the life he has, and sees no need to change it. Besides, there´s so much to do- like charming other people. It´s not only girls that go crazy over him- mothers blush and smile, and strict farmers will only grumble fondly before letting Tim take their princesses of to dances.
Right now, he´s accompanied his cousins Doderic and Ilberic to Smials, and, in the two weeks they´ve been there as ceased to be everybody´s darling. Well, not quite everybody´s- Laura Grubb, a young lady with quite a head has slipped herself in his dreams. He´s crazy for her, but she doesn´t let a moment pass without letting him know she thinks he´s a blown-up idiot. Consequently, he´ll do anything to grab her attention. Anything......

First Post

“Oh my gosh, there he is!” Tim Bracegirdle lazily turned his head towards the voices and winked, smiling pleasantly. He was sitting on a little stone wall just out side the Took residence in Great Smials. Behind him, he well knew, two or three lasses of barely fifteen were spying on him. The usual. Tim squinted at the sun and, calculating it was about time for lunch, strolled inside the house. The girls followed him, much like a very gigglelish shadow, but Tim didn´t mind. On the contrary, he loved it. In the large hall, he turned around as was about to say something, something cool, when-

“Tim, there you are! Have you heard?” Melody. Of course. Tim gave a his sister a half-annoyed look as she pulled him away from hall and fanclub into a little side-off room.

“What??” He asked, curiously. “Any distant relatives? Bad news?!”

“No, no, no. There´s a shortage of leaf, and Paladin wants to send a group of youngsters off to get some. People like Doderic, and Ilberic-”

“-and me,” He finished the sentence for her. She nodded, anxiously. “You seriously think, I am going to go to through half the Shire, get myself roasted by one of those ruffians, stabbed by a shiriff and drowned in a river to bring old Paladin his leaf?” He peered at her, impatiently. Adventures, that weren´t his kind of thing. No parties on the way, and it became so boring after a while. He liked it here- lot´s of food, good ale, pretty girls...

“Tim, please! They need you! You´re such a good bowsman, and someone needs to convince the farmer to give you the leaf. You´re made for something like that, you like the outdoors, walking- and if you succeed, we´ll all have our leaf back. Please, Timmy! Please! Your brother´s can´t go, they have to stay with the farm, but please, do this! Please!” She fixed him with a pleading look, her eyes tight on his. After a pause, she lowered her voice, then added: “ Paladin´s awaiting young adventures in the study. Miss Grubb would be so impressed....”

Melody winked and left the room.

He stood there, staring. He didn´t have to go. Nobody forced him. He could go into the hall, talk a word or two with those girls, make them blush... He could make himself a nice time here, find a fishy excuse to silence his sister....he could.

You just want to save your own little bum

The voice came from the back of his head, small, defiant- disgusted. He´d never would hsve thought it was there, but it was. And Tim new, it would stay there and make his life living hell if he didn´t do anything about it.

Tim pulled up his shoulders and walked into the study.

“Hello, Tim!” Paladin smiled at him, his face round and kind much like a ripe apple.

“Good day, Sir.” Tim shoved his weigt from one foot to the other. He could do this. It wasn´t hard. He just had to say something. Appear smart and winning, so Paladin would accept him on the quest. But did he want to be accepted?

“Tim? Can I help you?” Paladin asked. Come on! Tim thought. This isn´t that hard! His mind was made up: he would go. Now all he had to do was convince Paladin of his perfect skills for this.

“Sir, it´s been a pleasure for me to stay at your house for all this time. I- I´ve been wondering if there was a way for me to return that kindness to you. And... there appears to be one indeed!” Tim smiled, and dropped his head slightly, enough to appear bold, but not enough to look silly or down-putting. “Sir, it would be a great pleasure for me to organize leaf for you.” He continued, his eyes fixing Paladin with a winning smile. “I´m a rather good bowsman, if I may say so- and as I said it would be a great pleasure for me. Would you- would you consider me? I´d be honored, Sir. It would be something I could still tell my grandchildren about.” My grandchildren! Like I even want children in the first place!

But Paladin seemed charmed. He got up and put his hand on Tim´s, his eyes shining with affection. “Thank you, Tim. I´d be happy to have you. I will not forget it.”

Tim smiled and left the study. In the hall, he turned to the livingroom where, sure enough, he found cousin Doderic. “Hey, Dode! I´m going on adventure!” His voice was casual, and only Doderic could tell it was raised above normal standards. Laura had just passed by.

[ August 18, 2003: Message edited by: piosenniel ]